Saturday, August 14, 2004

Charleycansuckit.com

Well, I think I've heard from just about everyone I was worried the storm would hit. Marc and his mom sent some digitals of his house and her backyard. Here, I'll post these three of his house:

Note the tree on the roof, right over the master bathroom he just had remodeled a little while ago. Bastards.

The other big-ass tree that got uprooted. I'm sure Marc is glad he got that grass mowed, huh? :)

This is the closest to a "full frontal shot" having to do with Marc that I ever want to get. Note the missing shingles, leaning street sign, and other hints at backalley tomfoolery.

Luckily, Oviedo Mess reports that other than a bunch of crap flying everywhere and missing fences and holes in the roof, nobody seemed to have too much terrible damage. However, Marc did say he was going to put pictures of the damage around his neighborhood on a webpage. All he has to do is acquire the rights to Charleycansuckit.com.

At least he seems to be doing well with it.

After an entire evening of trying to get in contact with her via cell phone or text message, I finally got to speak with Kris just a few moments ago. She said that she and Randal and the kids are fine, and there's nothing wrong with her folks' house, which is lucky, since the hurricane made landfall exactly where they were (and to think that they went down there to avoid Charley! Sheesh. Damned fickle hurricanes!). She did report, however, that other houses in the neighborhood were decimated, and a house three down from them was "basically a skeleton." Shit. Talk about dumb luck or divine intervention. I'm not sure which one was at work here. Regardless, I am breathing easier now, knowing they're alright. With the bad cell reception, however, I didn't get a chance to find out if they would have an easy route to come back home.

Whoops, duty calls. BRB.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... that guy got F'd in the A.

Anonymous said...

I said I got F'd in the A!

werd