Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I need a new job.

I've been on vacay for three days now, and all I can think of is the next weeklong break I have, coming up at the end of January.

Mind you, I never take vacay, and it's about time I did, but just the fact that I have no desire left in me to go to work is a bit frightening. Never mind that someone who predicted I would get the job I am currently in said to me a couple of days ago that she didn't see me being at my present job for much longer; I am in need of newness.

Couple that need with the depressing thought that I slugged my way through grad school in one of the top programs in the nation for what I do, and slugged my way right into a lifetime of debt, just to realize that this line of work doesn't pay much more than peanuts, and you've got a delightful vacation, full of empty hours to think of such nonsense.


I need to get off the Depressio Train. This is too much.


Ah. That's much better.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I've heard Fucking is nice this time of year but I've never been there.

Uhhh, what exactly is your occupation?

You are definitely worth a read. I'm surprised there are so few comments.

I would have caved for the Care Bear ball too.