Sunday, December 19, 2004

Musical residue.

I have been sitting here at the domicile, doing anything that is the opposite of doing actual work. I decided to listen to some streaming audio whilst surfing the net. Usually, its' a nice distraction and easy way to fill up the quiet of a room that contains a dog napping next to her new Nylabones.

This evening, however, is a different story, as what only occasionally happens to me occurred again, but with much brute force: I got a song in my head, and am having a hell of a time getting rid of it.

Normally, I wouldn't sweat something like this, but the main problem here is that the song was Mr. Big's "Be With You." I will refrain from posting lyrics here, as I don't want you loyal viewers to suffer my same fate. Hell, some of you may already be singing the song in your head, and are thusly affected. My apologies.

The friggin' song won't go away, and I've tried all the usual tactics: playing a slew of other songs (I even played "Vienna" three times in a row, but that didn't work); I tried to distract myself with other things (hence I now have five new ringtones for my cell); I even scooped up the dog and drove over to PetSmart to finish up her Christmas shopping (resulting in previously mentioned Nylabones for her and a cone from Marble Slab for me). This can only mean one thing, my last resort:

Debbie Gibson's Greatest Hits Album!

As real as it may seem, it was only in my... oh, forget it.

Well, it's either that, or hunt down plugins for Trillian. Let me think on that one for a sec.

1 Comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

The future only belongs, to the future itself, and the future is...

Why not sing this other amazing song: "Hang the bastard, hang 'em high, kiss his sorry ass goodbye..."

A song I think is even worse than that Mr. Big shit is probably "Life is a Highway." I would punch the record exec who released that song in the nads if I could find him. But if you are responsible for loosing that shit on the world, you know your shame and you are probably hiding in a cave somewhere. Which of course leads to the logical conclusion that Bin Laden is the evil mind behind that song. Ah-ha. And not the Take On Me kind of ah-ha, either.