Tuesday, February 15, 2005

How does SNL hosted by the lady from "Touched By An Angel" make any damned sense?

However, the line "I asked Darrell Hammond for an autograph, and he punched me!" is very amusing. Perhaps the best part of the show. Thank goodness I can delete this.

So, I found out that ESPN.com's Page 2 is having their annual "Hottest Female Athlete" contest again. The downer? They've changed the rules so that former winners cannot be eligible again. Therefore, Anna Kournikova, Jennie Finch, and Heather Mitts are ineligible. Fignuts!

Anyway, in order to appease Mittsy fans, I suppose, they posted an interview with Heather for Valentine's Day. In it, she talks about how she is still in deep smit with AJ, and mentions they'll be in the SI Swimsuit Issue. Here is a photo that might be included:


What, is this going on their engagement announcement? How cute!

Again, AJ reminds me of someone, but I just can't place whom...

That Roma Downey episode of SNL just ended. And it sucked. Delete, delete, delete! Back to the business at hand.

Speaking of athletes, The Bad News Bears is on right now. It was on cable a few months ago, and at the time, I hadn't seen it in years. When it aired, I'd just finished reading Tatum O'Neal's autobiography (in one sitting at B&N, no less, when I was supposed to be doing paperwork) and I couldn't believe half of the stuff she had written about regarding her messed up family.


Tatum O'Neal during a time where she didn't have to deal with her family's craziness... Just Walter Matthau's.

Yeah, I would've done tons of drugs if I had even imagined living through the stuff she said she did. Oh, and speaking of tons of drugs, as I flip the channels, I see...

"Flash! (dramatic drumming) Ah-aaah!"

Absolute genius! I could insert the little story about the queens listening to Queen, but I'll save that for later.

I'm trying to convince Danhole that we need to go to MegaCon because Harmony and Darla from Buffy and Angel will be signing autographs. But another big reason that I want to go is because Sam J. Jones and Melody Anderson, Flash and Dale from the 1980 movie, are going to be there, too!


Flash and Dale, circa twenty-five fucking years ago.

I'd be extremely happy if I could get to meet Flash and Dale... but I'd die of geeker joy if I also met Brian Blessed, that jolly bastard Prince Vultan!


"Flying blind on a rocket cycle???"

By far, my favorite exchange in the whole movie was during the scene where Flash tries to help Barin, even after defeating him, and Vultan is incredulous:
Vultan: "What is this?"
Zarkov: "Humanity."
Vultan: "Madness!"

Anyway, I hope to at least be able to meet Flash and Dale. Hopefully I won't piss myself with excitement.

Wait, here's a thought: Flash Gordon is a quarterback. Dale Arden is in journalism/media. AJ Feeley is a quarterback. Heather is in the media as a sports commentator... Is it entirely possible that AJ and Heather are the new Flash and Dale?

Let's do a side-by-side, shall we?


????

Oh my God, the possibilities! If this is true, does that mean it's up to AJ to save the Earth and Heather from Ming the Merciless? And this time around, is it Yao Ming? Who's going to be Professor Zarkov (pray it's not Freddie Mitchell!)? Ooh, and if we have to re-cast Vultan, can we just use Brian Blessed again? I mean, sure he's gotta be sixty-eight, but he can still do it! I mean, the guy was in Alexander for goodness sake, and that wasn't too long ago! If not, can we just get the guy who plays Gimli?


I mean, he could totally pull it off!

Jesus, I am thinking way too much. I think I've had too much caffeine today. I'd better end this missive now, while I still have some (albeit not much) dignity.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it me or is AJ totally not looking at the camera?

Anonymous said...

You have such an awesome idea I will pass it on to someone I know at 20th Century Fox Who made Flash Gordon. I can see it now Flash played by the sexy young All American QB A.J and Dale played by everyones sweethart Heather.
Ming is Yao Ming the Gigantic 7'7 overlord of Mongo. Vultan will be played by John Reyes Davies(the profesor in Sliders and Gimlein LOTR)
A.J. would have one problem that is Yao Ming would crush him like a grape. I mean Yao would dunk slam little all american A.J. After squashing the little white boy Feeley, Yao would have Heather, and how could she say no after seeing his 16 inch long DICK. Lets face it A.J's tiny 5 inch penis is not that impressive after Heather has Yao's Dragon in her. So with our hero, A.J. crushed Yao Ming the Merciless will rule Earth and mate with Heather all day and night.
Great Idea????

Smackadocious said...

Oh. My. God. Wait a minute. Which one of us is high again?