Thursday, March 10, 2005

"Brand, what happened to your braces?"

That Mikey Walsh is a sly little character, isn't he? No wonder I still heart him so.

I'm getting ready for bed, and have caught myself watching yet another episode of
Cheaters. It absolutely kills me that they have a half-hour nightly episode on the weekdays, and an hourlong weekend episode on Saturdays. This is why the DVR is such a wondrous instrument: I get to tape my daily dose of trash and play it in the background while I'm doing other stuff. Riley herself is, at present, quite intrigued with this episode. I think it's mostly due to the fact that the actual "case" they're featuring is over, and they're doing a follow-up interview with someone from a previous case. This particular follow-up is to that weird-ass episode Grant and I watched a couple of years ago when we were in Orlando. We ate that entire rotisserie chicken and left Marc a wing and a piece of skin (after all, it was his stupid ass who said "I'll just eat whatever you guys leave me" without looking away from his computer monitor).

Anyway, I remember the episode really well, because it was one of the first few episodes I'd seen (and at the time, I only seemed to catch
Cheaters when both Grant and I were in Orlando), and it was freaky as hell. I shan't go into too much graphic detail here, but I will say that the "confrontation" for this episode included the boyfriend catching his girlfriend in their own apartment, strobe lights pulsing, and two other women running to hide in the bathroom wearing not much more than flourescent orange safety vests (one with her face painted to look like a cat, the other wearing an old-school type gas mask), various sex toys hanging from the bed canopy, and photos of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary with blinking LEDs in them, on the endtables next to the bed. Yeah, that kind of freaky.

Okay, I've revisited the whole situation in my head, and now I need to lie down. Maybe it will go away if I close my eyes.

0 Comments: