Friday, April 08, 2005

Feeling like a slug.

It seems as though my mental exhaustion knows no limits. I sit here, transfixed to the screen, and I have absolutely no motivation to do any of the tasks I have set before myself today.

This morning, Riley showed similar motivation. When I tried to get her out of bed so that we could go on her constitutional, she just looked at me and put her paw on my hand with the leash in it, as if to say, "No way, lady... ten more minutes!" I had to concur, and went back to bed. Then, my dog proceeded to try to eat my face. Silly little rascal!

Earlier this week, right before having the shittiest Wednesday on record, I was coming off another late Tuesday night when I decided to stop in to the Radio Shack to see about getting another FM transmitter. Before leaving, the ZipZaps display caught my eye, and I noticed that they had a black Dodge Viper available. I quickly purchased that, a ZipZaps Bigfoot Monster Truck, and hauled ass to Jimmy's Mom's house so that we could start up the Clearwater Kitchen Speedway.

Jimmy was quite surprised I bought him the Viper; I told him quickly that it was the only Viper I could afford to get him, ever. After assembling our vehicles (funny how this little R/C seemed to befuddle one of the great military engineering minds of our time), we proceeded to run a ridiculous number of laps from the beginning of the kitchen (where the carpet from the dining room ends), through the den, under the dish cabinet, around the back leg of it, and back to the fridge.

It was harrowing. Jimmy's Viper was so quick, the handling was ridiculously tight, and he went flying everywhere. The only reason I managed to win a decent number of races was because my truck was less sensitive to steer. But that didn't stop Jimmy from needing a "best three out of five," then a "best five out of seven," and so on and so on. I'm not kidding, we managed to break a sweat racing these damned things.

Eventually, Jimmy got the hang of steering the Viper. But I still beat him soundly. It was a fun way to spend some of the tiny bit of time he was in town. Next at the Adkins Kitchen Motor Speedway: Boggin' in the MUD!

0 Comments: