Wednesday, April 20, 2005

"I waited for you here, but you never showed."

Thank you, Mr. Sweet, for the above, and the following:

I thought I knew you. I was in for a surprise. I let my love flow from my heart into your eyes. And then I found out that there was nothing I could know, or guess, about you. You'd go as far as you could go.

And it took me years to figure out that there was nothing I could give to you. And years to figure out that there was nothing you would take from me. And how can I describe the way you slowly took my hope away?

And all of the time, I thought I knew you.

I thought I knew you. But I wasn't even close. I had my heart set on little more than a ghost. And I thought I'd show you there was no way we could lose. I thought I'd force you to realize and choose.

And it took me years to figure out that there was nothing I could show to you. Years to figure out that you were never really going to choose. And how can I describe the way I slowly lost my love for you?

And all of the time, I thought I knew you.

0 Comments: