Wednesday, May 11, 2005

ISO another vacay.

And no, the weekend before last does not count! I was sick that Monday and Tuesday. God! Okay, maybe not feeling well, as opposed to "sick." I really didn't feel good about going to work those days. That's got to count for something.

I have worked three straight 12-hour days, and I have to tell you, it's getting mighty old. Today was one of those days where I was so exhausted by hour nine, I found myself trying to twist my lips so they'd stay shut so I wouldn't accidentally tell my client's haggard nag of a mother to shut the fuck up, already! It was very, very close to happening. And since she has no teeth, she sounds like Elmer Fudd, even when she's really serious, so it was everything I could do to hold myself together... especially after her sixteen-year-old son (poor guy) told her to "shut up, you toothless old hag!"

Again, it was an exercise in the greatest of restraint. Instead of commending him, as I so secretly wanted to do, I had to reprimand him for not being respectful to his mother, despite the fact that she so righteously deserved his barb. It's no wonder I got a massive headache after that session. Inner turmoil does that to you, I hear.

0 Comments: