Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Big day.

So, I turned in my letter of resignation today, with little fanfare. The Hebrew Hammer offered me five bucks to "ruin" my supervisor's lunch by barging into her office with my letter. Ten if I galloped in with my best Happy Gilmore "happy place" midget impression. I declined on both counts.

My supervisor was actually pretty cool about it, even stating that "although we really need people like you in the field, we don't need you getting burned out and hating it." Which is exactly why I'm taking a break from it in the first place.

LoLo wants dibs on my office. Talk about blood in the friggin' water! I might as well paint the office walls with a fresh coat of chum.

I also managed to get the blessed mercy of both J.Co and my supervisor, and was allowed to leave work early so I could haul ass to the airport to meet up with Stumpy. That was fabulous. Five years of not seeing each other culminates in an hour and a half of utter happiness and silliness in the confines of the airport T.G.I.Fridays. Suffice it to say, the phrases "are nuts optional?", "filthy whore," "Oh my God, I look like my mother!", "anal probe," and dozens of other gems were used quite generously in that ninety minute span. We really scared the elderly airport crowd at Airside E. Too bad I don't have any video tape.

I would post a picture from our mini-reunion, but Stump has a dangerously small Caucasian head, which makes mine look gigantor in comparison. Forget that shit. But damn her for still being fucking gorgeous. I'm going to go hide in my little Asian cubby now.

0 Comments: