Saturday, August 27, 2005

"Frames can't catch you when you're moving like that."

So, this is my official day to relax. Working forty hours in five days as opposed to ungodly hours in four seems to be a better pace for me, but it certainly makes me appreciate those precious two days of weekend. I had great plans for today, like running errands and taking a long walk in the park with Riley. I was going to keep busy. Silly me.

I got some things done, like going to the library, fueling up the car, and grabbing lunch, but the rain started soon after that, and I hence lost all motivation to do anything else. The rain drove me back home, and here I sat for a few moments, with the dangerous prospect of having nothing but time.

For the past few days, I've wrestled with a lot of past-present-future stuff, not helped along at all with the far-reaching tentacles that Googling permits. If nothing else, the Googling just added some ridiculously overpriced petrol to my nostalgic inferno. To make a long story short and save myself from further embarrassment, suffice it to say that Googling combined with free long distance can be a noxious pair. This did not bode well for my "nothing to do" state, since it gave me something (albeit a something quite dangerous to my waning sense of closure, but a "something" nonetheless) to do.

Thank goodness for an empty house and a voice mailbox that is so full of messages that it won't stand to take anymore.

I'd better stop babbling. This is making even less sense to me as I read it, and I supposedly know what the hell I'm talking about.

Right at this moment, I'm sitting on the couch with nothing but Riley fighting for lap space with the computer and Mr. Johnson filling up all that unnecessary silence. I've also got a blog entry that less than makes sense to anyone else. And that's fine with me.

0 Comments: