Wednesday, February 08, 2006

www.icantfindmyass.com.

So, some of you may be aware that recently, I've been thinking of acquiring a web domain so I can use it to point to this blog, or whatever. It's been especially present on my mind lately, since there is a promotion to get a domain for only $2.99 a year. I was discussing this with D online this afternoon, as I wanted to not only get a domain for my own site, but to get something started for all the bitches from college (more details on that as our brains stew over the ideas we've already formulated).

After much online discussion, as well as D's impressive use of letters to express broader ideas (i.e. "OMG!! you DIDN'T!!!! HOT CAR!!!! OMG!!!!") we ended up reading the fine print, and realizing that there was the potential to get charged more and more per month than we were first led to believe. That, and you were limited to just one domain name per customer at that price. Bastards.

During the course of our discussion about web domains, we were trying to think of some good names to use; you know, some catchy shit that isn't hard to remember. Whenever we thought we had a chestnut, I'd run it through to see if it was already taken. This sent me into fits of laughter quite a bit.

I mean, you'd chuckle too if you saw a web page that carried the message, "Congratulations! ICantFindMyAss.com is available!" And don't even lie. You would!

So, my quest for my own personal web domain will be put on hold for just a little while longer. But, if you have any ideas as to what my domain name should be, please do send a comment below. I can use all the help I can get, as my creative juices are at the equivalent of creative protein shake mix. (Twice the grit, Patterson!)

Oh, and if you are doing some belated birthday shopping for me, web domains are a popular item these days. I'll give you major props if you happen to get me ICantFindMyAss.com. Because, God knows that's going on my next set of business cards!

Here endeth the shameless plea.

1 Comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

As you mentioned earlier on my comments about your dog eating flowers and pooping, why not try for:
technicolorpoop.com?
I kinda think it's catchy. But you know what else is catchy, it turns out? You guessed it... crabs.