Monday, March 06, 2006

"I can't stop cryin'!"

Okay, so I never have to tell you again: don't see the straight-to-DVD debacle known as Havoc. When I saw that this movie starred Anne Hathaway and Freddie Rodriguez (!), I was all for it. Then I saw the part of the DVD jacket that stated that this was a role unlike Anne has ever played before, and I was even more for it.

But maybe that should've been my sign to walk away. Or maybe the fact that Bijou Phillips also got top billing should have been my cue to come away from the DVD (for some reason, I can't stand her, and I can't pinpoint why, so it's kind of irrational, but it's not, so leave me alone).

Anyway, let's just leave it at this: Don't see Havoc, unless you plan on spending the next few days trying to get the idea of Mia Thermopolis going topless and acting like a reject of the Hip-Hop Nation out of your head. Then, by all means, do it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I have to go rent Royal Engagement. Christ.

0 Comments: