Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Brokeass molehill.

So, I don't find myself going to the cinema much these days, because I'm usually broke as shit and trying to do the whole "budgeting as part of a plan to keep my life in order" thing. Funny, since I generally find both of these things overrated from time to time.

Well, you know my happy ass couldn't stay away from Clerks II on opening weekend. And if I were still in college, this would've been a major group outing that would take up an entire management class lecture (always played those in the background of what I was really doing at the time, anyway) to organize.

As it happened, I only brought along one of the available boys to this screening, as the other one pansied out with a migraine.

As we waited in the roped off line for the movie (my heart cheered to see such an exclusive-looking line, and it wrapped around a few times, to boot), we discussed some upcoming movies. I figured that with my companion's affections for Sarah Michelle Gellar, coupled with his hetero man-crush on Dwayne Johnson, Southland Tales would be something he wouldn't mind watching.

"Buffy and the Rock in a movie together. I hear they even make out. That should be an interesting dynamic, huh?" I postulated.

"Are you kidding me?" he said, whipping around, looking bemused. "He would break her in half!"

I thought on this for a moment.

"I said they were 'making out,' I didn't say they were 'doing it,' dude," I told him, when I realized he heard me incorrectly.

This time, a slight look of shock on his face before the shoulder shrug.

"Unless, of course, you're doing it wrong, which I suspect may be at the root of your dating drought," I concluded.

So, now you see why we left names out of this anecdote. I mean, the poor guy has suffered enough.

Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the time Shan and I watched Brokeback Mountain? Well, remind me to do so later, as that was the original intent of this post, and I kind of got sidetracked with the whole "breaking people when you make out with them" thing. Shit, maybe I have it all wrong.

0 Comments: