Friday, August 13, 2004

My dog is a lazy whippersnapper.

I'm still getting used to this whole bloggery business. For instance, I'm finding out that the whole "Save as Draft" option probably should be put to more use; this is my third attempt to post this in the past half hour. Rat bastards.

And this whole time, Riley has been snoozing on my pillow, possibly drooling on it, too. Dammit.



See, Boogie and I were moved to take a little dognap after lunch this afternoon (during which, my mother's level of hurricane hysteria swelled when she spent the entire meal quoting coworkers and the news reports in regards to the storm), which lasted about an hour. During that nap, Hurricane Charley apparently shifted course somewhat, heading for landfall south of us, in the Ft. Myers/Port Charlotte area.

(Wait a minute... isn't that the exact area that Kris and Randal Al-El drove to last night to avoid the hurricane? Balls. Those kids just can't win!)

Anyway, that nap took place around two hours ago. And this lazy pooch is still on my pillow. Oh, wait, she's shifted somewhat in her sleep. Maybe I should go take a picture and wake her ass up with the flash. Or, maybe I should just watch Bend It Like Beckham. It's on cable for the fiftieth time this week. However, I just can't tear myself away. One of my favorite lines is still this:

"All I'm saying is that there is a reason that Sporty Spice is the only one of them without a fellow."

Gotta love those Limeys. Ooh, lemon-lime soda. I think I'll have that. But none for lazy beggars who drool on Mommy's pillow.

1 Comment:

Smackadocious said...

Nope, it's not just a head (although she'd like to think so sometimes). Full-blown cocker spaniel body and all. 100% attitude ever since she learned to shop on e-Bay.