Sunday, August 15, 2004

My laziness knows no bounds.

Put it this way: instead of sitting down at my desk to type this, I've dragged the keyboard and mouse to my bed and am lying here, posting. Oh yeah, and since I can't see so well at far distances, I've put on my prescription sunglasses in order to be able to get an idea of whether or not I'm typing correctly. So, I may be committing some gross typographical errors, but I may or may not be aware of it. I know, I know. don't push further on the subject.

Oh, wait. Why don't I just make the text super huge while I type so I can read it better? Why didn't I think of that earlier? Huzzah!

Tomorrow, I've promised the delinquents that after a good portion of anger management group, we will take a breather and play a rousing round of Password. Yes. Picture it: myself, in a roomful of adolescents with anger issues, in an anger management class, in a program that everyone, including the kids, thinks is "bullshit," trying to get said adolescents to play a game where they have to get their teammates to not only participate, but use and/or develop verbal communication skills that may or may not be there? Tell me this isn't going to be fun!

Bend It Like Beckham was on again this evening. That movie was made two or three years ago, and it just kills me that a main point they try to get across in the movie is that there are plenty of opportunities in the United States for female soccer players. They especially paint the WUSA as the ultimate goal for post-collegiate women's soccer. I just feel terrible that all of that was indeed true...until the WUSA folded this past year, just months after BILB became a successful movie. Crap.

Another one of my favorite lines in the movie is this:
"Lesbian? Her birthday's in March. I thought she was a Pisces!"

Anyway, the women won again at the Olympics, this time against Brazil. The bad news is (and don't say we didn't see this one coming) is that Abby got another card and has to sit out the next game. Which, I think, could potentially suck for us, since she is the hot scorer on the team, Mia notwithstanding.

Speaking of Mia, I wonder if she ever points to the back of her jersey and yells, "Nomar!" Just a side thought. Okay, moving on.

I'd like to see Heather get some playing time during these Games. Maybe the coach just doesn't like UF alums in general. I mean, the Danielle snubbiing, great players like Baxter and Sarah not even getting a second look, Heather not getting much playing time... I would say that Abby would be a great argument for the coach not having a bias, but, well, Abby could just kick the crap out of anyone standing in her way, so that's not really an argument. Ah, maybe I just have something stuck in my craw about it.

Also, the media is nuts. A while back, someone wrote that Heather is considered "the Anna Kournikova of soccer." Well, I guess I could see that, except for one thing:

HEATHER DOESN'T SUCK AT HER SPORT!


Note the placement of the ball in this picture of Heather taking on the number one icon in women's professional soccer. Looks like you got sizzerved, Mrs. Garciaparra!

Holy crap, did I just say that? I'm going to pretend I didn't.

See, these are the same kinds of analogies that make my eyes bleed at night. Like the one about A.J. and her being "the Ben and J.Lo of Philly." You've got to be friggin' kidding me! Statements like that probably made A.J.'s trade to Miami that much easier. Besides, we all know how that Ben and J.Lo thing turned out. I'm not going to even justify the comparison with an argument. Eyes bleeding to much, blurring my vision.

The "Heather and A.J. of Miami," by way of Philly.

Okay, before I get any more worked up, I'm just going to ask this one last question:

Why the hell can't she just marry Anson? Oh, wait. He's already married. Never mind. Dammit!

The search for a more suitable mate (for Britney and myself) continues...

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh... Pr0nikova.