Wednesday, August 25, 2004

When my hair is good, I get all cocky.

This is something I have just come to discover in the past month or so. Thinking back to the conversation I had with Jaz this evening just drove the point home. See, as I was telling her, Keri, Marc, and I had a late lunch at Tia's Tex-Mex (where I successfully tossed Marc's salad in public in such a way that it miraculously did the old "up and under" to his shirt... oh, the conclusions you could draw! The explanatory diagrams I could draw! Alright, we draw the line here). On our way out the door, a employee of the establishment was walking towards us, and we happened to catch each other's line of vision.

Now, this fellow by far does not fit into the general "what Sheila finds attractive" file (look for it on the second floor of the Smathers Libraries under the title "Every Guy Sheila Ever Found Attractive. Ever." Make sure you bring a sweater and extra bottled water!). He was a big, beefy sort of fellow, with some sort of door stop facial hair (a big no-no), and we continued to hold each other's attention for a few seconds. In my uncharacteristically brazen form, I looked him dead in the eye, smiled, and winked at the sonovabee. He smiled a little back before I broke the gaze and headed out the door.

For heaven's sake, I winked at somebody. Who I really didn't find attractive (although I imagine Kris would bop me on the noggin in disagreement if she got a chance to see this fellow... I think he's more her type of "B&D" variety). And nobody seemed to notice, which is probably a blessing. But I think that the only reason I did it was because I was feeling slightly confident, because my hair was feeling fairly decent (I have no idea how it actually looked at this point in the day, but earlier in the morning, before I headed to work, it kicked my ass).

Jaz summed it up thusly: "Hey, you were slutty for a minute today, and it felt good."
I love how she can condense complex issues into simple statements. We should have a whole day named after her.


Anyway, yeah, that's what happens. I feel good about something, and it makes me get all cocky. This could potentially be troublesome. Might even result in a bar fight.

Speaking of bar fights, here are two of my favorite cuties, who I would vote Least Likely to Get in a Bar Fight:

These fine young men, of course, are Russ and his brother Alex. Russ recently swapped vows with Stephanie (another hottie) a few months ago, and I must say, I wish she'd clone him. And I regret that I didn't get to spend more time shooting the poo with Alex during the wedding weekend, because he is just fabulous (nor did I get to steal his awesome-ass hat! Gah!) I just want to bite a chunk out of these boys, I love them so much!

Hey, if you guys have any ideas on who you think would best portray these boys should I write a movie about my life, post your ideas in the comments section of this entry, or e-mail me at bananajr2k@gmail.com. Send me a message if you have suggestions on who you'd like to play you, if you want. Always looking for ideas and inspiration. However, I have to warn you in advance: Dan is already laying claim to Matt Damon playing him, so you'll have to work it out amongst yourselves, preferably in a mature and nonviolent fashion.

But that, of course, is just my preference.

1 Comment:

Smackadocious said...

I just love it when you edit my posts for your own cheap thrill of Dan referencing!