Wednesday, August 25, 2004

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them; I don't care how crazy they are!"

So yeah, last night I went to sleep as From Dusk 'Till Dawn played softly from my tele. It's a miracle I didn't have any nightmares. But damn if I don't love that movie!

This hole in my lip is more like a pain in my ass. Some of you may already know that trying to eat out of one side of your mouth is one of the most ridiculous and futile things you can try. I am just stupid enough to continue attempting this at every meal. What's the definition of insanity again?

I was at the Dollar Tree earlier this evening, looking for toys and games for the kiddies at work to play with (the little ones that don't make me think of tubal ligation, those kiddies). I was on the phone with Jaz during our three-hour-long conversation that was occasionally paused for bad reception areas and her battery dying (or so she says), and on the overhead speaker, I hear one of my favorite songs from high school: Veronica, by Elvis Costello. Don't know why it's one of my favorites, but it just is. And it cheered me.

What song did Dollar Tree Radio elect to play right after that? Pretty In Pink. Swear to God, it must have been my evening. I think the Powers that Be felt bad about the fact that I had to hear two different Wilson Phillips songs on two different stations at the same in the car this afternoon before eating Mexican food. What? Did that just make any sense?

Anyway, it was a red-letter evening, as far as Dollar Tree Radio was concerned.

0 Comments: