Monday, September 27, 2004

"You'd better **knot** mention that again!"

I had one of those long-awaited, highly-anticipated phone conversations with Jaz today. You know, one that spans about three hours with intermittent interruptions by other callers, dropped cell phone signals, and jackassed traffic. I've come to regard these monthly conversations connecting Clearwater and Cleveland as happy occasions to hone witty repartee and get yelled at. Or yell at someone. Either way.

Partway through this conversation, Jaz decided to stop at Arby's to get some food. I told her that Arby's sounded good, because I'd gone all day without eating anything, and would probably head to get something to eat after I got out of the hour of traffic that lay ahead of me. Right before placing her order, she gets back on the phone and says, "Hey, do you want anything?" Funny. The girl is just funny.



What's going to be even funnier is when a brown envelope full of Arby's and Horsey Sauce packets show up at her door for no apparent reason six months from now. But you didn't hear that from me. And crap, she's a grad student. She has no time for extracurricular exploits such as reading blogs. Hah! Victory shall yet be mine!

0 Comments: