Monday, September 27, 2004

"I want those sweet days back again!"

Since the cable went out yesterday during the wrath of Hurricane Jeanne, I managed to finish off the other 3/4 of Season 3 of Alias. Yes, Riley and I decided to spend the day laying about and catching up on espionage and intrigue whilst wind and rain whipped around the house. Hell, we had nothing better to do, since there was no cable, and hence no cable modem, and Riles couldn't exactly go out to pee in such inclement weather (did I happen to mention she was a champ, and held her bladder for almost 20 hours?). Needless to say, I'm probably going to go into Alias withdrawal until January.
Anyhoo, watching all this hot Jennifer Garner action made me nostalgic. Yes, I think you know what I'm talking about...


Time of Your Life, motherscratchers!!!

Ah, to go back to the days when Love was a girl we knew as Sarah Reeves Merrin, who often burst into song at all the right moments. The days when Johnathan Schaech redeemed himself for sporting the ridiculous haircut and horrid eyebrows in That Thing You Do!. The days when Jennifer Garner was Sarah's roommate, Romy Sullivan, who got it on with hot Diego "For the Last Time, My Name Isn't Fucking Pedro" Serrano (how about if one time, when this guy is supposed to be onscreen, Pedro Serrano shows up? Now that would make for quality television!), and the name "Sydney Bristow" was still far from being in the national pop culture vernacular? You know, before Love and Jennifer Garner did photo shoots for FHM and the like, and came away with, uh, interesting shots like this?


I can only imagine what the listing for this guy's job looked like in the Sunday Classifieds!

Anyway, it got me to thinking that even though Time of Your Life was not necessarily loved by all when it spun off of Party of Five, it was still Love's series, and it had a lot of cool shit in it. I loved it as one can only love such a guilty pleasure. They'd better put that shit on DVD, or else they're going to have one pissed off little Asian on their hands. I want a Jen and Jen reunion, damn it!


"Reunited, and it feels so good!" (Yeah, I said it!) Pictured here at the 2004 Golden Globes, Jennifer and Love conspire to take over the world. And as for you over there in the back, no offhand comments about these two and "Golden Globes!" It's already been done to death today!

Please, PTB (Powers That Be), hear my plea: Bring my girls back!

P.S. Extra points to anyone who can identify the source of the reference given in the title of this entry! Prove your geekdom to me!

***(No eyebrows, tattooed men, faux fur vests, tastefully elegant cream-colored formal gowns, or girls named Jennifer were harmed in the making of this post, to the best of our knowledge.)***

0 Comments: