Sunday, October 24, 2004

Every day is Riley Day...

You can't shut it off, you can't make it go away!"

Today is the anniversary of young Miss Riley Boogie Wooderson Miranda's addition to our humble abode!

I remember the whole week leading up to her entrance into the family was a blur: on Monday I heard about her, then was encouraged to try to get a dog through the shelters instead. By Tuesday morning, I found that any dogs available through the local shelters would be much larger than Perla was willing to deal with running through the house, and was back in contention for the free puppy.

By Tuesday at lunchtime, I found out that I was going to get the first chance to take home a little pup named Shiloh because her owner's daughter was apparently allergic to dogs. I spent the rest of the week at work trying to get ideas for a new name for the dog, since "Shiloh" was just not going to fly with me (that, and she didn't have her own children's television show. Yet).

Friday came, as did my mother busting into my room in the early morning hours with an outfit she deemed suitable for receiving said puppy (I'm not kidding). I went to pick up this scared little poochie at my dad's office, where he ushered me in to introduce "our new dog" to his co-workers. I instantly re-named her in the grand tradition of naming things in relation to the Buffyverse, and I haven't been the same since.


These are pictures taken with my phone, on the day I first got Little Boo.

As usual, Tita Kris knows how to teach the "fundamentals."


Riley after a long afternoon of socializing with (read: getting licked near to death by) Winston.

Today, Little Miss Riley is the apple of her grandparents' eyes, universally loved, and spoiled only a little bit by her mother. We shall spend her special day with the usual Sunday frolicking, as well as a later bedtime (after all, she does have to watch "Cold Case"). And, as soon as she gets pampered later this week at the groomer's, she'll get to wear her brand-new red leather collar! Ah, the joys of puppydom!


Riley doing what she does best: laying about and looking slightly disaffected.

Gotta go now. Long day of celebration ahead of us!

0 Comments: