Saturday, October 09, 2004

My cynicism knows no bounds.

I desperately need to distract myself from the recent idiocy observed on my tele, that I'm not going to mention any further, lest I let out the barrage of obscenities that are just dying to come out.

Yesterday, I found myself in my car, B.N.T. (that's
Before New Tires, which I just blew a bunch of money on, by the way,) tooling around Tampa, when, at the corner of Sheldon and Hillsborough, I observed two cars parked at a gas station. They were facing opposite directions, but were next to each other. The passenger of the one facing the road was leaning over the car, watching two people standing on the other side of the car, kissing. I observed this while at a stop light, so they were pretty much making out for at least a good twenty or so seconds.

Now, is it bad that upon witnessing this, my initial thought was not "Oh, love. How sweet," but "Wonder if their spouses know"? Am I that jaded that I automatically jump to that assumption? Or is it just that my assumption is becoming more and more the standard, not the exception? Why am I using so many big words? Agh, my head hurts.

0 Comments: