Monday, November 15, 2004

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce... the high hat!"

This is what I get for listening to "Buffalo Stance" in the car five times today!

I feel like hell. That sore throat that went away, then came back with a vengeance so powerful, it rendered me speechless (!) has turned into a certifiable pain in my tuckus. I've spent most of the day chugging beverages and trying not to yell at children... a formidable task, to say the least.

The good thing is, I managed to sequester myself at Borders all afternoon and got almost all the way caught up with my paperwork. Hooray for me! At 8 tonight, I decided to call it a day and return home to the loving paws of my pooch, whose latest nickname is "DJ Rumpshaker."

Funny how a sense of accomplishment in the little things can change your mood entirely, huh?


The cover image for DJ Rumpshaker's latest album,
Hue of Danforth

Anyway, I hope to keep this streak of industriousness going for the rest of the week. I got access to one of the work laptops (which is, btw, old like Methuselah), so I managed to take it on an extended break and hammer out today's paperwork. It just reminded me how much more motivated I'll be to do my work on time on that sweet day I'll have my own laptop.

Which is probably about as motivated as I am at the present to do my work: not a hell of a lot.

0 Comments: