Thursday, January 06, 2005

"Alias" abounds!

Yes, this evening was good. I left work at 8PM and hauled ass home so that Riley and I could be ready for the 2-hour Alias extravaganza beginning at 9.

For the next two hours, we were immersed in espionage and pretty looking government agents. 'Twas great. This season is going to kick my ass!

Don't hate us because we're beautiful!

Oh, what I'd give to be Jennifer Garner's thigh. Wait, did that come out right? Crap.

And right before I started watching, I read an article regarding Love's upcoming sitcom on ABC, also starring Ed O'Neill. Cool thing number one: Love's going to have another show. Cool thing number two: Al Bundy is going to play her boss. Cool thing number three: the article mentioned that Alyson Hannigan, Willow on Buffy, is joining the cast.

Too. Much. Joy!

I told Danhole this news. Immediately, his only two questions were "When is this happening, and when can I join the cast?" Oh, silly, silly Quarterican!

After viewing the season premiere of Alias, my bro and I sat down to watch Shaun of the Dead (more hilarity). Now, before going off to bed, I've got Maury on in the background. What a triumverate of quality viewing! (Okay, maybe I meant "duo," or "tag team"... back again! Sorry.)

Now, here's what I don't get, as I hear Maury in the background. It's yet another paternity test episode, and they're talking about this guy getting his fiance's older sister pregnant (!!!shocker!!!). Now, the thing I don't get, is why most of these wannabe thuglifes have to refer to women as "females." Of course, there is nothing technically wrong with using the term, but it's like they can't mix up their vocabulary at all. I'll admit, it was cool when Ice Cube used it in Friday, but since then, it's lost its lustre somewhat. And they've got to put the extra emphasis on that first syllable, as if saying it as loud and harsh as possible will give them "street cred."

(Can't believe I just used the term "street cred." For shame!)

I guess that's what happens to you when your only exposure to the outside world is repeated viewings of Maury and Springer: you end up on one of said talk shows looking to prove/disprove paternity, and get into cat fights until someone's hairpiece comes off. Hey, at least I mix it up a bit: I also watch Cheaters. :)

Oh, wait, here's another nugget of joy from a Marshall Mathers stand-in on Maury:

"If I had a girl that fine alone in a hotel room, I guarantee you that her ass would be bouncing like a low rider in a Dr. Dre video."
Classy. I'd better shut this off and go to bed before my IQ plummets any further.

0 Comments: