Sunday, January 02, 2005

I don't want to go to work!

There, I said it. After a week off and many mornings spent sleeping in, I find myself hard-pressed to find the motivation it takes to go to PMS tomorrow morning. Something tells me I will fall off the caffeine wagon sometime around 7:30AM tomorrow. You can pretty much set your watch to it.

My only hope is that tomorrow is a slow day. I know I only have a couple of kids to see at PMS, then I'll head into the office for the afternoon and evening. The only comfort I'll have is that nobody else will want to be back at the office, so hopefully everyone keeps their mouths shut and keeps to themselves. I, of course, will be spending a good amount of time trying to work LoLo's latest chestnut into regular conversation. This particular chestnut just makes me chuckle, and luckily, I've received her permission to post it here:

"[Dirty Dancing:] Havana Nights was awesome... Made me proud to be Cuban."
I kind of wanted to ask her if it made her proud to be Cuban in the same way Evita made Dan proud to not be Argentinian, but I didn't think it would play well.

Young Riley is making it very difficult for me to type, as it seems she has fallen asleep on my foot. I think this is my cue to retire for the evening. Hopefully more tomorrow, when I will do my best to avoid anything even remotely resembling my job.


0 Comments: