Friday, January 14, 2005

"And spend this cash like..."

...Nothing, because I have to squirrel away what little ducats I have for my trip in TEN days! Huzzah!

Again, I am at Panera. I tried the one near work, the one consistently acceptable in their accoutrements, and they were packed to the gills, not a place to sit. So, I decided to tool over to the runner-up location, and I ran into Melissa, who is apparently quite grateful to me for lending her my first season Alias, as she now has a new crush in Jennifer Garner.

I told her to get in line behind those of us with hetero-girl crushes on both her and Michael Vartan. She told me she was going to kick my ass, because she and Miss Garner "have something that you can't understand." I told her I could kick her ass because I had a lower center of gravity, and Erin taught me how to fight dirty. Then, of course, she went to the old standby: "Oh, yeah? Well, I'm a dike!"

She clearly thought she had the advantage, playing the ol' Rainbow Card. I had something, though.

"Oh, yeah?" I countered. "I'm a straight girl who hasn't had a date in months. Still think I can't beat your ass?"
She thought for a moment. "Yeah, I guess you could." End of argument. Advantage: Breeder.

0 Comments: