Friday, January 14, 2005

It starts TODAY, mofos!

It's a big day: Jeremy arrives in town tonight, Elektra premieres tonight, and things are going to get off the friggin' chain up in here!

Insert hip-hop/techno music appropriate to martial arts training montages here.

Today is already inherently better than the whole last week has been. I think it started with last night, when I was just about fed up with everything that happened during the day, then got a call from Jimmy's mom, inviting me to dinner. Hitting the Lucky Dill for a Reuben the size of my head was exactly what I needed at that moment. And I managed to find a kindred soul in Shan regarding the first thing that sucked from this week, and we talked about it some last night, too. That has been bothering me all week, but I suppose it's gotten progressively better.

Then, when I got home last night, having reached Critical Mass after the Reuben and complimentary cheesecake, my bro and I decided to watch Evil Alien Conquerors, which has a whole slew of actors that I dig, including a surprising, uncredited, and Oscar-worthy performance by Tori Spelling (did I mention that I'm wearing my "Sarcasm: One of the many services I provide" button today?). Seriously, it was dumb, but I was somewhat entertained.

Woke up this morning, and it was raining like a bitch. Riley and I ventured out, but she got soaked so fast that we didn't accomplish much. I figured it was just a nice pre-rinse before heading to the groomer's. I took her there, where it was bustling with pooches not quite as attractive as the Boodie, then headed out to run errands. Eventually, I ended up here, which started out the day as the Second Place Panera until a few moments ago, when I not only ordered my Asiago Cheese Bagel, but pleasantly discovered, upon reaching the beverage station, that they now have Splenda!

Choirs of angels, rejoice!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Happy Birthdays from that fruitcake you know in Iraq!

Some would say that fighting a war precludes the mightmighty military men from reading the post-transendental musings of a philipino cutie and her curly haired dog. NAY! I say. Like, WAY nay!

It was on this day (well, 26 years ago and three days from now, anyway) that the eternal fruit known only as "The Myra" graced this world with her surly wail and penchant for buggery. Since then, we've colonzied the Planet of Mars, seen the resurrgence of boy bands (twice!), and know that, truly, there is some socio-political significance to Tori Spelling and her fake rack. Are there no wonders that the mighty Banana World Baby cannot produce?? Once again, I say nay.

Hope you have a great birthday sweets!
Love ya!
Captain Jimmy-san

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.