Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A case of the Black Lung.

Ever since I've returned from the Great White North, I've been feeling under the weather. It could be that all that cold air is finally taking its toll, or my extreme fatigue from going balls-out all week, or it could be a strictly psychosomatic thing because I am dreading returning to work. Either way, I've called in sick for the past two days. Well, shit, I sure am sick. Don't get me started.

So yes, my mom's birthday, then my birthday, came and went. I went out with Perla to go see The Phantom of the Opera movie, because well, that's what Perla wanted to do on her birthday. I remember seeing Phantom back in college, but I really don't remember the details too much. Could've had something to do with being in college, but who knows. Anyway, the movie was good. It was just like the musical, but on film, and that allowed them to do a lot more with the visuals and the sound. And Patrick Wilson kinda sorta had some old-school French-style hockey hair going on. That was funny.


Ahoy, matey! I'm cute, but I look like a poofter in this shirt!

Right after my birthday, Grantasm and I headed up to Philadelphia, the day after a big-ass blizzard hit the region. Luckily enough, our flight wasn't cancelled, and we actually landed in Philly a few minutes early.

The rest of the week is a blur. We were in the car all the time, we were sitting around all the time, we were running all over the place all the time. It was crazy. We did everything and we did nothing, and it was freezing cold and I fucking loved it. So much to talk about, it's all running around in my head, can't get it organized. But I do know that I spent a whole week doing nothing but having fun and seeing people I love, and it was worth the money and the cold.

And now I'm back, I'm catching up on all the sleep I willingly gave up for a week, and work looms ahead of me. But it was all worth it and then some.

Perhaps I'll open up a new blog devoted simply to posting the pictures and comments from the trip. Yeah, I think I'll do that. Good idea. Wow, that was tiring.

0 Comments: