Thursday, February 03, 2005

Family dinner.

I'm sitting here, less-than-enjoying this stale chocolate croissant, and I'm witnessing a family having dinner without killing each other. It's a wonderful damned thing. By far, more wonderful than this damned croissant.

There are three boys, a girl, and a mom, all sitting around two small tables, eating soup and sandwiches, and most of them are drinking green tea, rather than soda. Interesting. I've been watching them adjust their meals to their liking, one kid picking the tomatoes out of his sandwich and proclaiming, "Tomatoes for sale!" while one of his brothers puts them on his plate. The interactions are interesting to watch, despite the fact that I've been around rugrats all day, and you'd think the last thing I'd want to see at this point in my week would be little springoffs. Oh, well.

Eww, this croissant is deeply unsatisfying. I just reached the end of it, and it had this weird metallic taste to it. Shit. I'm going to have to do something to cleanse my palate, like go to Marble Slab. Ooh, what a good idea. I should go just as a reward for thinking about it.

0 Comments: