Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Tossers!

These people are pissing me off:

Tossers.

Maybe you can't see them to well, but there's a guy and a girl hogging the couch with the coffee table at Panera Numero Uno. They've been sitting there for the last two hours, blathering sweet nothings to each other incessantly, all the while pretending to study. It wouldn't be so bad if they would have sat at a table or booth that was not next to the only easily accessible electrical outlet in the whole fucking restaurant. Earlier, I was forced to sit at a table and stretch the power cord to ridiculous, not to mention dangerous, lengths across the floor just to get some juice while the dude seemed put off by having to temporarily pick up his stupid coffee so it wouldn't get dumped on him while I tried to plug in. Later, after a busser almost ate it because he tripped on said power cord (in front of this fantastic couple, no less, who just looked at him dumbly), I managed to get to a table closer to the same outlet, and that is where I sit now. Also, this stupid girl is grossing me out because she is putting her BARE FEET on the coffee table in front of her (acceptable at home, but at Panera? Ooh, no, no, noooo.)

A few moments ago, both of them got up to talk to some people passing by. They left all their crap (cell phones, keys, JuCo syllabi and handouts) on the tables around them. I had half a mind to swipe them, or hide the phones in the couch cushions. Too bad I'm a nice person.

Am I becoming one of those bitter beings who snarls at any sort of PDA? No, I just hate these two. They're pissing me off. They've been loudly not studying and taking up valuable couch space. And they could've been nicer about things. They didn't need the outlet, yet gave me attitude when I asked them if I could use it. They almost laughed at the busser when he almost ate it. I don't know. They're just touching a nerve today.

Maybe I should go listen to Cutting Crew and The Cover Girls for a few moments and forget all about it. Maybe Marble Slab is in order (again). I so badly want to believe in a karmic juggernaut.

0 Comments: