Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Taste the mother-f'ing rainbow!

Yet another long day in the world of meddling with children's minds. Nothing earth-shattering today, I think.

Yesterday was hilarious, though. I was running groups at one of the middle schools, and one of the eighth grade boys was running around the classroom, acting like an idiot to impress the girls, and as he was bounding around the place, his shorts fell down around his ankles.

The entire room erupted into hysterics. I put my head in my hands long enough for this kid to pull up his pants, and for me to pretend that I never saw it happen. Although I would've loved to laugh right along with the other kids, because this particular kid is an obnoxious little shit who likes to belittle others. Damned kids need to learn how to use belts. And by that, I mean as tools for both restraint
and
punishment.

Middle schoolers are such odd, odd creatures. Not little babies anymore, not quite masters of their own awkward rebellion. It's a funny thing to watch, I tell you.

I talked to Keir earlier. We talked about our workdays. I told him a bit of what my day was like, and he imparted this upon me, which makes me want to get it printed out and keep it in my wallet:

"See, this is why I could not do what you do. I would just give them weed and a shitload of Skittles."
Timeless. Utterly timeless.

0 Comments: