Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"I know I love you, because I hate you."

"Random" on the mp3 player is a fabulous thing. Songs that have no earthly business being played even within the same hour of each other get to color the soundtrack that is my life. They get played and get to know each other in the span of four minutes; much in the way that "Speed Dating" shit is supposed to work.

I used to get yelled at because when it came to mix tapes and cds, I was told I had "no transition whatsoever" between songs, Well, f transition. F transition right in the a. Transition is for sissy-la-las! "That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!"

What? Sorry. I'm still semi-recovering from the ludicrous amounts of barbecue consumed yesterday afternoon. A couple of sweet potatoes and plates of the junk, and I'm done.

1 Comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I LOVE the random play option! It's all I ever do. I am like you in that my mix tapes were all incongruous and made you jump from one mood to another--often violently. I loved them, though. Can't get enough of RANDOM shit!! It's the cream of the crop, the bell in my hop, the stop-drop-and-roll, and a whole lotta woman.

God, I am tired. Me want nappy.