Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Too much sugar.

Yeah, my sugar intake has been ridiculous in the past few days. I guess that's what happens when you decide to bake a cake for J.Love's birthday and you let Danhole pick what kind of cake to have. Yes folks, you guessed it: a rather large heart-shaped cake, one layer yellow, the other triple fudge with chocolate chips, a layer of triple fudge icing, a layer of whipped vanilla icing. With star-shaped rainbow sprinkles. Thank you, Captain Coronary; next time, I'll remember to bring the gallon of milk to wash down my baked homage to Love!

This weekend was very good. On Saturday, I went to Costco w/Perla. This is not necessarily the easiest task in the world (warehouse shopping w/my mother usually results in one of my eyeballs popping out from the frustration), but went surprisingly well this time around. This was actually the first time my mom rode in the new vehicle with just me, and the first time she's really said anything complimentary about the car. I think she just dug the fact that we could fit so much warehouse goodness in the back of the car, especially after flipping the back seats up and to the sides.

She went so nuts buying stuff, that she had me hide the receipt so that Mario wouldn't blow a gasket when he saw how much stuff cost. I don't know why she was so worried; I mean, curmudgeonly parents are so cute, sometimes!

Later on Saturday, after unloading all of the warehouse-priced booty, I made yet another unsuccessful trip to Gator Haven with Danhole (two trips in one week; both ended in denial because we got there after they closed), then we went to Publix to stock up for the evening. Lisa came down from Jax last weekend, so we hung out that evening at Danhole's to celebrate J.Love's birthday a few days late (enter some veggie lasagna and the sugar bomb cake).

Lisa, who can sew like mad, made me this awesome handbag that I may have to post a picture of on here at a later date. I told her she can continue to be on retainer as my personal handbag designer for the duration of my life. And she was nice enough to leave one side of the handbag blank so I could "add any and all patches" I desired. After telling me this, she paused briefly (perhaps internally assessing my patch-sewing skills) and said, "Nah, I'll sew them on for you." What a goddess!

Look for the Lisa G "Kick You In The Head" line of handbags, coming soon!

Whoa, the dog needs to water the plants. Back later.

1 Comment:

lengli said...

Wow, you actually celebrated J.Love's birthday? I thought you were just being fecetious and kitschy and a pop star like that, turns out you were being amazing! I could totally have called that she was a Pisces - she makes so much more sense to me now!

Speaking of, did you see her ABC Family channel movie (I think it was called "If Only" or "Second Chance" or something Hallmarky like that)? It was amazing, not only for the sheer cheese factor of it all, but for the ending. Picture this: her boyfriend found out she wrote songs and so bribed the orchestra at her music school to play one of her songs at their final recital. Was there conveniently an entire gospel choir to back her up? Of course there was!

Better than "Sister Act 2" (:Back in the Habit!) I say, without any hesitation whatsoever.