Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's getting harder to stay incognito these days.

Sometimes, I see random shit, and I think to myself, "Boy, I wish I had a camera, or a tape recorder, or something to get this down." Like that time I was watching Garden State and I thought it would be a good idea to take a quick clip of the dog scratching itself while Large looked on in awe. Luckily, I had my camera phone at the time to record that classic moment for posterity (I actually still have it saved there for when I need a good laugh).

However, when it comes to covertly documenting craziness, it's getting tougher by the minute. A few years ago, camera phones were not as common, and holding one out three feet in front of your face to take a quasi-decent picture of something could be disguised as trying to decipher a hard-to-read screen, rather than focusing for a picture. These days, people are constantly taking videos and pictures with their cameras (the phenomenon of people taking pictures of themselves is especially amusing to watch), so I can't go around taking pictures of random shit on the fly anymore. Also, I find that trying to have my digital camera within easy reach is especially cumbersome, not to mention wholly unrealistic.

But, mark my words: I will do my best to keep the digital handy for the event of when I do get to photograph gay cowboys eating pudding, because then I can take the picture in sepia tones for that true "Gay Western" look!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm too lazy to look it up: what, exactly, is sepia? You nutty Gators and your vocabulary...