Monday, May 08, 2006

Music trivia whore.

I came to a startling realization late yesterday morning whilst at Breakfast with the Gays(TM). As I sat there, happily munching on my breakfast club (which, I am sad to report, did not contain Emilio, Anthony Michael, or Judd, but may have had bits of the janitor who was also Oily Bohunk Rudy Rizchek, who was, well, eww, but I digress,) I told them how I was awakened by my phone beeping.

Upon inspection, I noticed that someone, who shall remain anonymous at this point to save me the grievous whining, sent me a text message that simply stated, "Who sings Brand New Lover?"

(The answer, of course, is Dead or Alive. If you're curious, that is.)

I've had this sort of musical drive-by happen to me by this person before, often at the most awkward moments. And said assailant doesn't always offer me many good leads, either. I often get incorrect song titles or artists, lyric fragments, descriptions of times we were hanging out when a certain song was playing.

I'm just surprised as shit that this person hasn't tried texting me with hums. Crikes.

I've also noticed that although I do not claim to know everything about all music, and I often look at these texts with my "WTF?" face, since I have no idea what song is being represented on my screen, this person still sends me any and all music queries, simply because I got a few right a long time ago. And I never get an explanation as to why they're asking about the song; just a quick "thanks!" then I don't hear from them for another month until I get this grammar-free nugget:

"hey! question, who sings i haven't been to heaven, but i've been to oklahoma?"

Or something of that ilk. Never mind their head almost exploded when I texted back "Which version?" I wish I could have seen it.

Anyway, my realization over the turkey breakfast club, sans Emilio: This person has effectively made me their music trivia whore.

Shudder!

And I've let it happen!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go hide in the corner until someone realizes I'm not working.

0 Comments: