Thursday, August 10, 2006

I didn't mean to call you that.

It was my fault for turning on Adult Contemporary radio yesterday, I suppose. Because now, I've had "My Own Worst Enemy" in my head for the past two days.

That song inevitably takes me back to the memory of actually buying the Lit album (David's reasoning was that it was a new release on sale for seven bucks, dude!), and only really playing that song, because that was the song everyone liked then.


These fellows looked much like the dudes that the Ladies of Beaver West would hang out with in college. Except that dude on the left; he looks more like the T.G.I. Friday's manager that would always give your friend working there the hairy eyeball anytime he came by your table. Well, I guess in that case, that dude might look like one of the dudes we'd hang out with. Creepy.

Then the video for "Miserable" came out. You know, the one where the band is Lilliputian (sp?) in stature, and they're performing on a giant Pamela Anderson stage, only to be eaten by her at the end of the video?

Yeah, considering my general non-feeling towards Ms. Anderson (really neither here nor there, although I am probably less positively inclined), and their clever wordplay with the word "come," I started not to like the album as a whole that much anymore.

Fast forward to the episode of 90210 where Donna and Kelly round up the gang to help them with their fashion show. Everyone was sewing shit together and modeling!

As "Ziplock" played, the kids/thirtysomethings from Beverly Hills modeled their asses off. Everyone took part, even Stoned Noah, who managed to not piss himself. (Don't make me post yet another picture of Vincent Young here. Just use your imagination.)

Then came Matt Durning, attorney-at-law, strutting down the catMattwalk as the music played overhead. In fact, I believe he may have been using a sweater as neckwear. Regardless, when he got to the end of the walk, he dropped down into a squat and paused. I can't remember whether he did the click and point to the audience, because all I could think of at that point was how much I didn't enjoy Lit anymore.


Is he seriously doing that? I mean, with the shirt and everything? 'Cause he kinda looks like a poofter.

Oh, if I had another chance, and put it in a Ziploc bag, I'd have screen-captured that very moment.

0 Comments: