Monday, September 18, 2006

"I pushed you, 'cause I loved you guys."

Another day, another weekend of football past. I nearly passed out this weekend while watching that game. Well, call it a combination of passing out and getting into a bar fight, if you must.

I'll admit, it was a little touch and go for a bit. We were behind for so long! And officiating on both sides... don't get me started.

I especially got testy after this:

Listen to Gary, you choad. 'Cause you're not even doing the Chomp right!

But after the boys, to paraphrase Coach Meyer, "nutted up," all was right with the world.


Urban tells Chris to go make a sandwich, already.

Chris found Dallas for a touchdown to make it 17-14, Tennessee...

"Dallas Baker, sandwich touchdown maker," per Mick Hubert.

Then again, to tie the game up!

"This is... 20-20!"

Hetland then made the extra point to put UF up, 21-20. The palpitations slowed down, just a wee bit.

Through it all, the defense showed their strunth.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Again...


And again...


And again.


I'm sorry, but after his turdsackery (as shown above), pictures of this guy getting owned are never going to get old!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Siler is such a force of nature, he can fly about Neyland stadium like a friggin' condor and shit.


Condor? Brandon Siler? Both?

So, after three and a half hours of pub eats, pre-game Jeopardy! ("Marcasite??? Are you stoned???"), surprising game finales (WTF, Oklahoma, Auburn/LSU?) and a grand fit of the chuckles (**cough** FSU, Notre Dame, and Miami **cough**), I managed to have just a bit of my voice left (unlike the UF-UCF game the weekend before, where I lost my voice midway through the second quarter and sounded like Lindsay Lohan on a bender for two days), and boogied it home for the victory drive.

I was so stoked about the win, I couldn't get to sleep right away. This caught up with me the next morning, but whatever. We won!

And now, I am going to spend the rest of this week rubbing it in to the UT/LSU fan (why do that to yourself?) oh-so-subtly.

Because that's how I roll.

0 Comments: