Monday, December 04, 2006

I would be mad, but I can't be.

I had this wicked long post (with pictures) late, late Saturday night, after I got home from the evening's festivities, all about the championship game. It was exceptional. It was moving. It had pictures of stalwart football players.

It, for some reason, would not save on Blogger. Fahk.


"What do you mean, it won't autosave? Bastards!!!"

It's just as well. Posting it now means you'll read it in the order it was meant to be read, or something. Let's get to it!

I ended up at a tree-trimming party where, thankfully, the hosts were Gators, and the game was on the screen large. It saved me the trouble and tackiness of sneaking out to the car to listen to the game on AM. (Which, actually, I was doing on the way to the party for the first few minutes. I truly do prefer to do this even while watching the game, since the commentators usually covering our games --I'm calling you out, Verne!-- make me want to shriek violently in protest. And you don't want that.)

We started out well; Hetland actually made a field goal!

Poor, embattled Chris Hetland. When Mick Hubert announced on the radio that it actually went through the uprights, the collective reaction was "Holy crap, he made one???"

Then a little while later, my boy Chris Leak hurtled his hot ass into the end zone!

Please, no R. Kelly songs here.

And he managed to do his best Elvis while there.

That, or he was about to Fosse. It was really up in the air.

Follow that with the halftime update that UCLA beat USC, and you get the following:


That's right. A restroom full of male Gator fans, alternately shaking off, high-fiving, and washing their hands. And of course, the men's restroom would have complete coverage of other games. So, it was apparently like Joe and Suzanne's wedding, but with less good eats and just as much of Jim throwing gang signs. Word!

Of course, upon hearing this, the Gators immediately go into their nearly-patented Third Quarter Slump, which I will no longer dignify with mention at this point. In fact, thinking about it makes me not want to, so I will go ahead and leave it to the fellas at EDSBS to fill you in on the rest.

Hell, they're addicting, and they have even been so kind as to post another picture depicting "premature echompulation" and some priceless YouTube clips (not to slight our special teams highlight, but your shit will crack up when you hear Percy referring to his "buddy" Dallas about 45 seconds into the second clip).

But before you go off to read EDSBS goodness, let me leave you with the following:


I said it's GREAT...


To BE...


A FLORIDA GATOR!



Thank you, Gators. You have been crazy, frustrating, electrifying, and inducive of cardiac fits all season, but you've always come through, and you've done it with class. You represent the very best of the Gator Nation, and I know you will continue to do us proud in a month!



Now, I'm off to go calculate how much postage I'll need to ship myself to Glendale in a large box in time for the bowl game. And how many canteens I'll need for the journey.

0 Comments: