Thursday, February 10, 2005

Charley Horse and the Banana Conundrum.

I'm so glad this week is almost over. I think stress is catching up with me. Every morning this week, I've driven to work, gotten two-thirds of the way there, and discovered that I was clenching my jaw like mad. I also woke up this morning to the unsettling feeling that I was about to get a full-blown charley horse. I lay there in bed for what seemed like forever, with my leg suspended in the air, waiting for the sharp pain to subside enough so that I could fully extend my leg, put it back down, and go back to sleep. Riley was all excited that I was awake, thinking it was play time, and I had to try to calm her down while temporarily disabled. Later on, ten minutes before my alarm was scheduled to go off, I awoke to the sound of her retching. Because my calf was still smarting, I couldn't quite get to her to pick her up in time, and she puked on the bed.

Poor thing felt so bad. She put her head on my lap to tell me she was sorry. I pulled the messy section of the sheets off the mattress, and lay there petting her head until my alarm went off. Wonderful start to my day. And although my charley horse wasn't full-blown, it still bothered me for the rest of the day. J.Co even called me "Gimpy McGimperson" when we went to lunch. It bugged me, because I haven't had one of those in over a year, and I've had a decent amount of potassium this week (all those bananas will do that to you). What a conundrum. Hence, the title of this post (See, I had a point to make, after all!).

I just think it would make a great album title, is all. Kind of in the way Grantasm feels that Hue of Danforth would be an awesome album title. We all have our things.

Or maybe it would be a great title for a children's mystery book. Yeah, that's it. A children's mystery novel that could be made into a movie adaptation... Starring Love and Bill Murray as the voice of our favorite fat cat! With soundtrack by BabyFace (or not)! No, soundtrack by Love herself! That's what we want!


Levi, prepare the vocal arrangements! We have to zussamen!

Having said that, I am now heading home to a sheetless bed and the paws of my loving pooch. Life is good.

1 Comment:

Lisa Armsweat said...

I have to say, I love how you went from charley horses to potassium to a picture of Garfield being smothered by Love. Brilliant! And yeah, I also get gimped by charley horses. Hate 'em! Grrrr.