Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm sure you have some sort of cosmic rationale.

Billy, sometimes you scare me when you're sober and intense. Yikes.

I have established this particular Panera as my favorite, I think. Electrical outlets everywhere, booths in the back, and now, new and improved with Splenda. And the chocolate croissants are actually fresh here! Can't beat it. It's just not terribly close to the house, but I guess a reasonable distance from work. Also, I may have a greater chance of running into people from work (clients and co-workers alike, unfortunately) so this probably won't become my usual roost. Damnation!

I'm sitting here, ripping some of Sarah's cds for inclusion on the juke. I actually stopped into the office earlier this morning to procure said cds. See, Sarah has this ridiculous book of over 200 cds that she keeps at all times in her car, so I figured I'd have a few hours of ripping madness ahead of me.

She more than willingly offered me her cds, then handed me this tiny, little case.

"What's this?" I asked.

"My cds," she said cheerfully.

"Where are the rest of them?" Mind you, I was expecting to have to bring out the hand cart to transport them to my car.

"Well, I still have them, but since I got that multi-disc changer at my place, most of them are there." Then she proceeded to give me the precautionary mini-lecture regarding the safety of her Josh Groban cds (I muttered something about
my surprise that she didn't take out an insurance policy on them and having to teach her the value of ripping mp3 cds) before heading back into the office.

So, I came here, and opened up this case of cds that made it to the "can't do without them so they're in the car" list.

Inside: Now, That's What I Call Music! Volumes 1 to 234, said Josh Groban cds, Elton John's Greatest Hits 1970-2002, Garth Brooks, Martina McBride's Greatest Hits, and a bunch of soundtracks for animated movies. What the hell?

Somewhere in Jacksonville, DotOrg's head is exploding. Sigh.

I'm going to have to fish through these to find some archive-worthy stuff, but at least it won't take as long as I thought it would. I'm going to have to raid her place at some point to get the necessities. I have half a mind to sneak Debbie Gibson's Greatest Hits into her car when she isn't looking today. That'll teach her!

Here's something that's always amusing:

Can the man not get rid of his Black Bart 'Stache? Maybe he doesn't know how to shave. Maybe he'll do a guest spot on Alias this season! Ha!

Maybe I'll just start watching my Tru Calling dvds when I get home. Gah.

0 Comments: