Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Help-A-Surly-Asian Foundation.

That is the name of the organization I'm going to start. I came up with the idea sometime late this morning, after the "Service Engine Soon" light came on in my car on the way to work. During his lunch, Sideshow was nice enough to take it to AutoZone to find out what might be wrong with it. Best they could tell, there's a problem with Xander's transmission.

Fahk.

So, this car repair thing is becoming more and more frequent lately, to the point that I feel like I'm throwing money at my car to just keep it running. And we all know how joyful transmission troubles are. On the way home today, every time I tried to accelerate, I felt like I was rolling in neutral. Sigh.

Long story short, there was mention made of shopping around for a new car. I detest the idea, but realize at the same time, it is eventually going to become very necessary, despite my lack of funds. Hence, I am starting the aforementioned fundraising effort, which you may simply call "The Surly Asian Foundation."

Of course, I complain here, but I am really not complaining about it. After all, things that have been happening in the past few years, even the past few days, that are constant reminders that no matter what happens, I've still been incredibly blessed. In other words, I'll get over it soon enough.

So, if you want to contribute to The Surly Asian Foundation, you may do so in the best way possible by volunteering or contributing to the helping organization of your choice.

I'm going to go and try to stop being a whiny asshole now.

0 Comments: