Saturday, August 19, 2006

Princess Lauritza and letting it ride.

This will be my first attempt at using uBlog to post, so bear with me.

Today's travel was almost hitch-free. We were slowed by an immense amount of traffic on the runway at PHL. According to our pilot, there was a lot of construction at the airport, so planes were getting in line to get to their respective gates. He then told us "There's only one way in, and one way out." For some reason, this made me (for the second time in a week, actually) think to myself, "Welcome to Thunderdome." And yes, I know it's not exactly the same thing; don't send me hate mails because of it.

(Wow, I'm feeling a bit like Lucas in Empire Records right now: "Who knows where thoughts come from, Joe?")

Anyway, we went from the airport straight to what ended up being dinner with my aunt and uncle, then back to their house. My mom crashed, and since I wasn't tired and had to give Leviathan a call later, the rest of us stayed up.

My aunt decided to teach me the basic tenets of poker while we watched To Wong Foo.... I emplored my Uncle Harold, aka "The Great Norseman" (who is still unaware of this loving nickname Sideshow and I have given him), to do what the commercial on Bravo was telling him and "get [his] gay on."

Eventually, I was the last one awake. I called Leviathan and solidified our plans.

Now it's late, I've been running on four hours of sleep, and I'm blogging about it. What an asshole, eh?

0 Comments: